Channel Commercials PLC is a
leading commercial vehicle dealer providing sales, parts and servicing for DAF
Trucks, LDV light commercial vehicles and vans in the South-East.
Successful applicants will have experience in heavy vehicle mechanics and will have opportunities to further their career with structured manufacturer, technical training. DAF trucks experience and LGV licence would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Salary will be very competitive and there is a realistic opportunity to further enhance earnings with regular overtime
- Hours are 9.30 pm - 6.00 am, working Monday to Friday and a Saturday rota.
- Company benefits include sickness pay, 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays and company pension scheme.
- The successful applicant will be based at our Ashford depot in Kent.
Key responsibilities include to:-
- Test vehicles and diagnose faults
- Recognise and report vehicle/component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
- Complete job records
- Order replacement parts
Essential Qualities include:-
- Previous experience in mechanics (preferably heavy vehicle)
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) eg City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3
- Driving licence (preferably HGV)
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Available for overtime
Desirable Qualities include:-
- DAF trucks mechanical experience
Please note successful candidates will be required to possess their own tools.
APPLY ONLINE BELOW OR CALL 01233 224020 FOR AN APPLICATION FORM
Please refer to our Privacy Notice before submitting your personal data.