Job: Trainee Parts Person
Based: Strood, Kent
Hours: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, hours of work in line with Parts Department shift pattern, plus Saturdays as required
Commercials PLC is a leading commercial vehicle dealer providing sales, parts
and servicing for DAF Trucks and MAXUS light commercial vehicles and vans in the
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Parts Person based at our Strood depot. As a member of the Parts team you will learn how to promote, sell and take orders for commercial vehicle parts.
Key Responsibilities include:-
- Taking, processing and
executing orders from technicians and customers over the phone and face to face
and supplying parts including sourcing non-franchise parts and negotiating
deliveries including checking against advice notes
and crediting of parts
and processing parts from advice notes
by promoting and identifying related parts and advising on discounts/offers at
point of sale
- Handling warehouse stock including picking of parts, stock control/checking and ad hoc deliveries etc.
Essential Qualities include:-
- Minimum GCSE Grade C / 4 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Customer service skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills particularly over the telephone and face to face
- Computer literacy including good knowledge of internet
- Literacy and numeracy skills including mental arithmetic
- Attention to detail/accuracy and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A confident and professional manner
Desirable Qualities include:-
- Good parts identification and knowledge with previous parts department experience
- Sales skills – ability to upsell by identifying and promoting related parts
- Experience of taking and processing orders and invoicing
- Knowledge of Parts systems and Kerridge software
- Negotiation skills
- Commercial vehicle parts experience
- Motor factor experience
- Driving Licence
Please note this role requires heavy manual handling.
To apply, please attach a CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations below.
Please refer to our Privacy Notice before submitting your personal data.