Successful applicants will have experience in heavy vehicle mechanics and will have opportunities to further their career with structured manufacturer, technical training. DAF trucks experience and LGV licence would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Salary is very competitive c. £37k per year, plus overtime.
- Company benefits include sickness pay, 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays and company pension scheme. Private medical scheme available on request.
- The successful applicant will be based at our Strood depot in Kent.
Key responsibilities include to: -
- Test vehicles and diagnose faults
- Recognise and report vehicle/component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
- Complete job records
- Order replacement parts
Essential Qualities include:-
- Previous experience in mechanics (preferably heavy vehicle)
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) eg City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3)
- Driving licence (preferably HGV)
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Available for overtime
Desirable Qualities include:-
- DAF trucks mechanical experience
APPLY ONLINE BELOW OR CALL 01233 658754 FOR AN APPLICATION FORM